Friday 19 March 2021

tall tale - a folk song

 I've been around the world, one thing I was told

The yarn will spin itself if the fabric's made of gold

If there's one wish I wished I wiiiiiiiiished...

...it's that this darn sweater wouldn't come unstitched!


(You may not know it to look at me, but I was a child of the wind)


Well I used to offer up my prayers to Poseidon

I sat in a creek near a statue right beside him

He whispered in my ear and what could it meeeeeeean...

...whoops my creek had turned into a stream!


(I once spent the whole day watching a cherry blossom die)



Now love. you've heard, is a very special gift

sometimes it lasts forever, sometimes it ends swift

one thing I know is you're bound to chooooooke...

with your lovers na-ye-ya-yum caught in your throat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

long roads

people change  rearrange into strangers  it's alarming at first   but then the danger  of having room to grow   becomes a joy we share. ...